ANZGOG collaborates with the CTC to conduct clinical trials to improve gynaecological cancer treatment and patient outcomes.
The National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) Clinical Trials Centre (CTC) is based in Sydney and runs large multicentre investigator-initiated clinical trials. It works with Australasian and international collaborative research groups, integrates evidence, develops new clinical research methods and offers clinical research education programs.
The CTC’s aim is to translate research evidence into improving health outcomes.
The ANZGOG CTC Collaboration Aims
- Develop high-quality trial concepts
- Encourage the participation of clinicians and researchers in the development, conduct, evaluation, and promotion of clinical trials
- Initiate and conduct high-quality trials to evaluate new treatments
- Translate research outcomes into future clinical practice to improve health outcomes and the quality of life for patients
- Ensure the results of clinical trials research are published widely so they are available to all interest groups.
NHMRC Clinical Trials Centre